The most sceptic person (me) is now the biggest marketer of this product. I can’t see any other method of development for high performing teams.
MANAGING DIRECTORS’ ASSESSMENT CENTRE (A VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT CENTRE)
The candidate is placed in the role of Managing Director of a small business unit which focuses on a single product line within the emerging markets region of a global manufacturing company.
As Managing Director, the candidate must provide leadership to director-level managers responsible for sales, marketing, brand management, finance, logistics and distribution, as well as product innovation. Throughout the 5-hour Assessment Centre the candidate is expected to overcome various challenges in order to ensure the success of the simulated business unit. Challenges are presented as In-Basket items, as well as interactive role-plays. Some of the challenges include:
• Creating new Business Opportunities
• Resource Negotiation and Allocation
• Dealing with Employee Conflict
• Employee and Team Performance Management, Coaching and Development
• Dealing with Market Turbulence
• Inventory Management
• Customer Service Issues.
• Coaching Discussion: This involves coaching a direct report about relationships with colleagues and competing job offers;
• Presenting a Business Case: The candidate presents a business case on the sustainability of a business strategy and model.