The most sceptic person (me) is now the biggest marketer of this product. I can’t see any other method of development for high performing teams.
MANAGER OF MANAGERS’ ASSESSMENT CENTRE (A VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT CENTRE)
The candidate is placed in the role of District Manager for a national home improvement chain.
As District Manager, the candidate must provide leadership to store managers and manage district-wide planning and forecasting. Throughout the four-hour Assessment Centre, the candidate faces various challenges to ensure the success of the simulated scenario of stores in the district. Challenges are presented as In-Basket items, as well as interactive role-plays.
The challenges include:
• actioning New Business Opportunities;
• dealing with Employee Conflict;
• Employee and Team Performance Management, Coaching and Development;
• Crisis Management;
• Employee Training Issues;
• promoting Culture Change; and
• handling Customer-Service difficulties.
• Coaching Discussion: coaching a direct report about a strategic initiative
• Presentation: presenting an organisational analysis to his / her manager
• Customer Interaction: handling a customer complaint
• Conflict Handling: managing conflict between two key business areas
• Crisis Handling: resolving a region-wide crisis through collaboration with peers
• Strategic Partnership: developing a strategic partnership with another business.