The most sceptic person (me) is now the biggest marketer of this product. I can’t see any other method of development for high performing teams.
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE TRAINING PROGRAMME
What is Emotional Intelligence (EQ)?
EQ is emotional and social competencies that determine how well we understand and express ourselves, understand and relate with others and cope with daily demands and pressures.
Why is EQ important?
Intellect (IQ) accounts for only up to 25% of variance in performance (Hunter & Hunter, 1984)
EQ impacts on the following:
• Performance at Work – EQ helps navigate the social complexities of the workplace, and helps to lead and motivate others and excel in a career.
• Physical Health – Uncontrolled stress could raise blood pressure, suppress the immune system, and increase the risk of heart attack and stroke.
• Mental Health – If unable to understand and manage own emotions, a person would also be open to mood swings, while the inability to form strong relationships could leave people feeling lonely and isolated.
• Relationships – By understanding own emotions and how to control them, a person is better equipped to express feelings and understand how others feel. This results in more effective communication.
How could EQ be developed?
EQ could be developed by attending the LEMASA Emotional Intelligence Training Programme and implementing the newly acquired knowledge and behaviour.
Which EQ modules are presented?
There are the following two options:
1. The standard three-day training programme consisting of the following modules:
• Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
• Dealing with Emotions, Risk and Fear of Failure
• Achieving Success
• Self-Concept and Self-Esteem
• Taking Responsibility for Personal Success
• Knowing People
• Becoming more Assertive
• Dealing with Conflict.
2. A three-day programme tailor-made to needs.
The additional 27 modules to choose from are grouped according to the following five groups – Personal Effectiveness; Interpersonal Effectiveness; Stress and Wellness Competence; Wellness at Work; and Change Competence.
• Knowing Myself
• Self Discovery Toolkit
• Developing a Game Plan for Life
• Active Listening and Effective Responding
• Building Trust and Rapport
• Building Other's Self Esteem
• Assessing Your Emotional Style and Competence
• Emotional Understanding and Repair
• Problem Solving
• Dealing with Difficult People
Stress and Wellness Competence
• Stress Awareness
• Stress and Lifestyle Balance
• Stress and Energy
• Physical Wellness
• Activating Stress Busters
Wellness at Work
• Managing My Career
• Dealing with Time Pressure
• Dealing with Work Issues
• Energising the Workplace
• Adding Emotional Value to Customers
• Managing skills, Job Satisfaction and Role
• Assessing Yourself in Response to Change
• Individual Differences in Dealing with Change
• Thought Processes and Change
• Becoming Change Resilient
• Helping Others to Cope with Change
What is the training methodology?
LEMASA uses the following approach when facilitating learning, insights and discovery:
• Lectures" and discussions
• Self-insight questionnaires
• Video clips
• Case studies
• Group exercises